by Charlotte L. Hanna CMO/Director of PMR/CMBS Global
How exciting! You are planning an incredible event for those in your corporation, organization, business market or community and now you seriously need to find and book the right speaker. Booking someone to speak to your audience’s needs, dreams, concerns with the right entertaining and informative message for the moment…that’s work!
Booking a speaker can be the toughest part of hosting an event. Choosing the date, place and time might be relatively easy, but how do you find the person qualified to deliver that engaging keynote address or present those powerful breakout sessions, making your event the place attendees want to be?
Maybe you have a few names in mind that you think might be a good fit or maybe you just have some contact information. Maybe you even have a list of speakers that your group has been using for several years, but it’s become outdated or used up. Maybe…you just have no clue where to begin to look.
Whether any (or all) of the above apply, consider the following when booking the right speaker for your event:
– What is your target market or who is the group you are focusing on?
– Is your event open to the public?
– What is the purpose for holding the event, what do you hope to accomplish?
– How would you describe the audience you expect to attend? (Male, Female, Avg. Ages, etc.)
– How many might be attending?
– How long is the program or the length of each session to be?
– Any topics to avoid or sensitive issues?
Your answers to these questions will help to determine the type of personality and material best-suited for your intended audience – and whether booking more than one presenter should be considered for the best results.
Providing an amazing experience for your attendees is the goal of every event planner. Planning, Promoting and Producing – these are key – and supplying the best speaker is one more way to guarantee a successful event.